Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp messages are fine but media gone after restoring iphone from itunes backup.

I am using iphone 6 128 GB. I started to face random restart a few months back, just before ios10 update. I got the time to fully restore my iphone. I connected my iphone to itunes and downloaded the 1.4GB update OS from itunes. Took the iphone full backup locally on my pc. After restoring the backup everything is fine(iphone was restarting randomly even after restore, but thats not my problem), the whatsapp media is lost. I have all the old messages but instead of media it just shows blank. It shows what kind of the media it is like, is it a video, audio, gif ot image, etc but doesn't play or show. I am attaching the screenshots. I also may have some data in icloud and the backed up data in my pc. Please tell me if I can view whatsapp media from backed up files from icloud or itunes. Or can I restore only whatsapp, so that I can recover it to my ipad and keep only the media which is important.

ThanxUser uploaded file

Posted on Dec 8, 2016 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2016 6:07 AM

ask the developer here

https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

2 replies

Whatsapp messages are fine but media gone after restoring iphone from itunes backup.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.