Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking someone on iPhone, still showing in messages on mac

I have blocked someone on my iphone but their texts are still coming through on messages on my mac. What am i doing wrong or is it device specific?

iPhone 7, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 8, 2016 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2016 7:29 AM

Hey ashleyfromhastings,

Thanks for reaching out for help in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've blocked a certain contact but they're still able to reach you by text from your other devices. It's possible to be reached by iMessage from an email address that the recipient has set up to use with iMessage. In order to keep all contact info blocked, follow the steps in the link below.

Block phone numbers and contacts or filter messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch

Specifically, use these steps:

Phone

Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.

To add a contact, scroll to the bottom of the Blocked list, tap Add New, then select the contact that you want to block.

Let us know if this helps.
Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2016 7:29 AM in response to ashleyfromhastings

Hey ashleyfromhastings,

Thanks for reaching out for help in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you've blocked a certain contact but they're still able to reach you by text from your other devices. It's possible to be reached by iMessage from an email address that the recipient has set up to use with iMessage. In order to keep all contact info blocked, follow the steps in the link below.

Block phone numbers and contacts or filter messages on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch

Specifically, use these steps:

Phone

Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.

To add a contact, scroll to the bottom of the Blocked list, tap Add New, then select the contact that you want to block.

Let us know if this helps.
Take care!

Blocking someone on iPhone, still showing in messages on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.