Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone rings twice then goes to voicemail

Just recently, when I called my mom it would ring twice and go straight to voicemail. At first I thought she put her phone on do not distrub. But then I spoke to her and she said it wasn't. I tried calling her when she was right beside be, which worked, but then when I was away it would ring twice and go straight to voicemail but she could call me. I could call her with facetime audio but not the regular call.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10.0.2

Posted on Dec 8, 2016 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2016 9:56 AM

If "Do not Disturb" is not activated, there might be a problem with the network settings. You can reset them by going to Settings -> General -> Reset and -> Reset Network Settings.

But in general the network provider is controlling after how many rings the phone is going to voicemail. If the reset of the network settings did not help, you have to contact your mum's network provider to check, if they can change the settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2016 9:56 AM in response to kcvt63

If "Do not Disturb" is not activated, there might be a problem with the network settings. You can reset them by going to Settings -> General -> Reset and -> Reset Network Settings.

But in general the network provider is controlling after how many rings the phone is going to voicemail. If the reset of the network settings did not help, you have to contact your mum's network provider to check, if they can change the settings.

iPhone rings twice then goes to voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.