You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove activation lock in iPhone 6

Tell me plz

Posted on Dec 9, 2016 2:58 AM

8 replies

Dec 9, 2016 3:19 AM in response to Faizanshah1

Go into your iCloud account and sign out of find my iPhone, or go to your account online and remove the device from your list of tracked devices.

If you do not know the iCloud account password and login then you will need to contact the owner of the account and get them to do it. If you cannot contact the owner or do not know who they are, then there is nothing you can do.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

Dec 9, 2016 7:21 AM in response to Faizanshah1

You don't. ONLY the owner of the account used to lock the device can remove the lock.

If you did not buy the phone new from an authorized source, and it is activation locked with someone else's account, it's a brick.

There is no way to bypass the activation lock and Apple will not remove the lock for anyone other than the original purchaser of the device.

Dec 9, 2016 7:40 AM in response to Faizanshah1

There is no help for you to be had. What you are asking for is impossible.

If you bought the phone second hand, and it is locked with someone else's iCloud account, ONLY the owner of that account can remove the lock.

If you can't contact them, or they will not or can not remove the lock from the device, it's a brick. There is no way to bypass it.

If you bought it through a service like ebay that may offer some buyer protection, and the device was not specifically advertised as being activation locked, file a claim with them and get your money back. If you can't do that, turn it over to the police. It's probably stolen.

How to remove activation lock in iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.