Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10 Apple Maps deleted history keeps coming back!

Hey guys,

My Apple Maps keeps bringing back history that I have deleted. It goes something like this:

1) Swipe left on entry, hit delete, recent entries disappear, and stays gone on relaunch or reboot.

2) Wait 1 - 3 days

3) Open Apple Maps, boom deleted entries are back!

Is anyone experiencing this? I have a bunch of old old addresses that I simply cannot delete. Please help with method other than "Reset All Content and Settings." Thanks!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 9, 2016 12:31 PM

10 replies

Oct 7, 2017 7:42 PM in response to paradeigmas

I have identical issue. I am trying to delete searching history, but it keeps coming back. I did the same thing as JDO suggested, but didn't work.

the behavior typically is: deleted the record, forced closed apple map, it shows up again; deleted record, delete another different record, the first unwanted record shows up again; did both above, then forced closed apple app, restart the iPhone, it comes back again.

Google, what kind of software engineer you are hiring from? you are not the same as before. please help

Dec 10, 2016 8:25 AM in response to paradeigmas

Hello paradeigmas,
Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having an issue with the Maps App not deleting your history. I know how important it is to have your device working the way you want and I'm here to help.

Let's force close the Maps Apps on the device, and restart the iPhone clear any data that might still be on the device.
Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you are still having issues please let us know if this is a new issue or an ongoing issue?
Have a great day!

Dec 13, 2016 7:35 AM in response to paradeigmas

paradeigmas,
Thanks for the additional information on the iPhone.

I would like to try to isolate the issue to either software or hardware. You can do this by making a backup of your content. Then restoring the iOS using the latest version iTunes. If the issue is caused by software this will resolve it.
How to back up your device using iCloud or iTunes:
Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to factory settings

Note: We’d like for you to test the iPhone without restoring the backup. Restoring from the backup can place the same issue back on the iPhone.

Please let me know if this helps.
Have a great day!

iOS 10 Apple Maps deleted history keeps coming back!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.