Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Turkey is ignoring global warranty coverage and refuses to give service support for my iphone claiming that is a refurbished product

Hello,

I have an iphone bought from Russia and used both in Russia and Turkey without any problems for sometime. A few months ago I had an ios update and right after that I lost my cellular coverage.

My phone is still under 1 year global warranty period but Apple Turkey ignores global warranty coverage and refuses to give any support for my device claiming that is a refurbised product therefore out of service coverage in Turkey.

As far as I know warranty rights does not differ for refurbished apple products.

Could you please support me to solve this issue?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3.3

Posted on Dec 9, 2016 10:54 PM

6 replies

Dec 10, 2016 10:09 PM in response to n0rip

You must be mistaking with this. There is an international warranty coming with the iphones. That's the reason why many people are comfortly buying Iphones when they travel abroad.

Apple stores and their call centers here also approve that they accept international warranty for many devices coming from Europe, Russia, US or elsewhere.

This sounds awkward for me but Local Apple says that my device was refurbished and they claim that refurbished device repairs were not a part of the contract that they have agreed with their repair service solution partner company and therefore they can not get the device for anything.

I dont know who to contact for this..

Dec 10, 2016 10:35 PM in response to hasaneker

The warranty for iPhones is not an international warranty. This is from the 1 Year Limited Warranty page:

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

That doesn't mean that you absolutely cannot get service in a different country than the one you purchased it in, but there is no obligation to service it in that other country:

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ios-warranty-document-us.html

You can contact Apple Support in the "International Support" link for Turkey at the bottom of the page and talk to Apple about the issue you are having. That is the best you can do.

Best of luck,

GB

Dec 11, 2016 1:26 AM in response to gail from maine

Thanks for the replies. Your strong oppositions convince me that I am wrong!

Could you please let me know your thoughts for the issue I am having technically;

When I start my phone, it connects to the cellular network. When I move with the phone to a different room or roam to elsewhere, my phone drops to no signal. I used the phone without any issues for 4 months and this issue started after an IOS update. I applied every procedure but couldnt solve this issue. Also at a particular place where another iphone's signal is strong, mine may have loose signal. This is a cdma phone but i dont know if this is related.

A support representative at apple call center told me that the issue seemed to be the phone was ok with connectivity but unable to refresh connection and seek for the next closest base station.

Do you think changing the cellular antenna solve this issue?

Thanks for the support.

Apple Turkey is ignoring global warranty coverage and refuses to give service support for my iphone claiming that is a refurbished product

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.