Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp support software for A1502 (EMC 2835)

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for the bootcamp support software for a Macbook Pro A1502 (EMC 2835)

I tried downloading 5.1.5621 and 5.1.5722 but both said they were not compatible with this computer.

PS. This is for Window 10 btw.

I know the other support links want me to boot OSX and use the crap tools that dont work, but yeah, looking for a KB article or direct download please.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 10, 2016 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2016 4:46 AM

BC5.x drivers are meant for W7/W8.1. They will not work on W10.

Assuming you have an early 13-in 2015 MBP (based on this link). Your choices are,

1. Use Brigadier (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier) on the OS X side.

2. Use Apple Software Update on the Windows side.

3. Use OS X BC Assistant and Menu Bar -> Action -> Download...

TheExie wrote:

I know the other support links want me to boot OSX and use the crap tools that dont work, but yeah, looking for a KB article or direct download please.

If you are using a wireless connection, the 'crap' tools like BC Assistant work much better on a wired connection.

Try it. 😉

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2016 4:46 AM in response to TheExie

BC5.x drivers are meant for W7/W8.1. They will not work on W10.

Assuming you have an early 13-in 2015 MBP (based on this link). Your choices are,

1. Use Brigadier (https://github.com/timsutton/brigadier) on the OS X side.

2. Use Apple Software Update on the Windows side.

3. Use OS X BC Assistant and Menu Bar -> Action -> Download...

TheExie wrote:

If you are using a wireless connection, the 'crap' tools like BC Assistant work much better on a wired connection.

Try it. 😉

Bootcamp support software for A1502 (EMC 2835)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.