Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant prompts to log in to iTunes Store

My wife and I each have an iPhone 6, both on iOS 10. When we initially set up her phone, we used my iTunes account to enable some things such as app downloads. However, we soon discovered that she was getting alerts intended for me. So we created an iTunes account for her and (we think) switched everything we could find on her phone over to it.

Now, however, she continues to get near-constant prompts to log in to the iTunes Store. All I can think is, if some of her apps were downloaded with my iTunes account, does the iPhone want my iTunes login to be active on it in order for her to continue using these apps? Do we need to delete these apps and download them again using her iTunes account? Any other general suggestions on getting this resolved?

Posted on Dec 10, 2016 8:53 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2016 6:15 AM in response to FrankO23

Hello FrankO23,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

To recap, your wife is getting prompts to sign into iTunes after signing her in with her own account.

The solution for this issue is listed in your post. You were spot on, you'll need to delete the applications and install them again under her Apple ID.

Let us know if you have any questions, and again thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a great day!

Constant prompts to log in to iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.