Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Sierra Preview Green Screen

Hi

I'm getting a green screen when opening jpegs that I've taken with my iPhone. I noticed that this may have been an issue with El Capitane but I'm facing the issue with Sierra 10.12.1

Any tips on how to fix this?

ThanksUser uploaded file

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Dec 11, 2016 9:46 AM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2016 3:28 PM in response to Gaiths

Hi Gaiths,

If you are having issues with your Preview app not displaying pictures you've taken on your iPhone, try starting up the Mac in safe mode. Try safe mode if your Mac doesn‘t finish starting up

What is safe mode?

Safe mode (sometimes called safe boot) is a way to start up your Mac so that it performs certain checks and prevents some software from automatically loading or opening. Starting your Mac in safe mode does the following:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Together, these changes can help resolve or isolate issues related to your startup disk.

Please report the results so we can determine the next best step to take in resolving this for you. Thanks for using Apple Support Communities to post your question.

Have a Happy Holidays.

MacOS Sierra Preview Green Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.