Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Call from phone to watch

I have been on a call on my watch and clicked on the green bar at the top of the phone which took the call from the watch and transferred it to the phone. What I'm wondering is if there is a way once the call is on the phone, if there is a way to switched it back to the watch? Is this possible? when I click on the sound button I have options like speaker iPhone or whatever Bluetooth device is connected, but I haven't seen anything that would allow me to send it to the watch...

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 3.1

Posted on Dec 11, 2016 7:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2016 10:34 PM

Hi,

When there is a phone call in progress on your iPhone, go to the Phone app on the watch. The current call should be shown in green at the top:

User uploaded file

Tap on this. You should then be taken to a screen showing the current duration of the call, with the option to end the call. However, at this point, audio is still playing through the phone. To get the phone call to play through the watch, slide upward on the small "rectangle" at the bottom of the screen:

User uploaded file

Finally, you should see an AirPlay icon revealed at the bottom. Tap on this, tap "Apple Watch," and you should now have the phone call audio playing through the watch. Hope this works for you!

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2016 10:34 PM in response to ZintainUSA

Hi,

When there is a phone call in progress on your iPhone, go to the Phone app on the watch. The current call should be shown in green at the top:

User uploaded file

Tap on this. You should then be taken to a screen showing the current duration of the call, with the option to end the call. However, at this point, audio is still playing through the phone. To get the phone call to play through the watch, slide upward on the small "rectangle" at the bottom of the screen:

User uploaded file

Finally, you should see an AirPlay icon revealed at the bottom. Tap on this, tap "Apple Watch," and you should now have the phone call audio playing through the watch. Hope this works for you!

User uploaded file

Transfer Call from phone to watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.