Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s not getting charged and showing a symbol of charging even when switched off and not geting power on

My iphone 5s last night suddenly switched off and the time i tried switching it on it showed low battery symbol ! Since then my iphone is on charging but isn'nt getting switched on ! Even when the USB is taken out it keeps on showing a getting charged symbol. It is an IOS 10 and i've tried changing USB cable wires but nothing worked. Is there any problem with the charging port or what ?

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 12, 2016 12:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2016 1:18 AM

Hi

Follow the steps here, including checking the charging port for any debris and contacting Apple Support, making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider if necessary:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

4 replies

Iphone 5s not getting charged and showing a symbol of charging even when switched off and not geting power on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.