Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud restore requires 6 digit code but phone is stolen

My phone was stolen. I got a new device. The icloud backup requires to get the two factor authentication code from an ios device but it was stolen so i dont have a new ios device active yet, as I do not have the cellular phone yet (surprising? probably to apple)!

Before IOS 10 it was a simple restore. Now......

Any ideas?

Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 12, 2016 12:09 PM

11 replies

Dec 13, 2016 4:13 AM in response to bomal

Simple

Setup phone as new and disable 2 factor on apple id site by receiving code to your phone number and after login going to security.

Once disable you can wipe the phone and restore.

and it is not IOS 10 it is idiots who do not know how to use 2 factor authentication. Smart guys who designed it didn't realize that regular guys need a message when they do enable it. Something like "now you receive free helmet from Apple and you will never be able to use Apple devices normally again."

Dec 13, 2016 5:24 PM in response to bomal

bomal wrote:

Really? normal users idiots? Did you notice the complex "smart" way of using an iPhone? login without your backup in order to change setting in order to allow backup? why not make it simple? APPLE!!!

You are not speaking to Apple and you are correct - normal "user" is unable to predict any consequences without research of his/her action and when you acted and enabled that security you made "ignorant" decision, without doing such research. Now you are getting advice from person who realizes consequences and gives you an easy workaround and instead of thanking and using you starting criticizing Apple. Good luck and all the best.

Dec 16, 2016 2:49 PM in response to bomal

A bit blunt, but.....

I managed to input a request for a second backup number, so the two factor will also be sent to an active phone number.

I do not understand apple. They write that the procedure will take a few days. So, after three days I received an email asking my permission. I immediatly approved. So now it takes a few more days and I am waiting.

Dont Apple people understand that this is a bad service? Why cant it be within a day? why a week and waiting?

I dont understant them. This kind of service set a big question regarding why Apple!

icloud restore requires 6 digit code but phone is stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.