Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 10.2 Bluetooth issues

Does anyone else experience issues with iOS 10.2 and last 2 updates with the Bluetooth?

After applying the update where Bluetooth issues gets fixed (iOS 10.1.2 I think) on my iPhone 6s my problems appeared.

When I want to start Bluetooth from Control Center it gets a little stuck, button disables and it enables itself back on and Bluetooth starts working.

When I connect my Plantronics headset and try to start Siri the phone freezes.

Sometimes when I manage to call someone through Siri the phone just freezes for about 5-10 seconds and headset gets disconnected and reconnects back on.

Even when I try to answer calls with my headset connected the iPhone freezes sometimes and I have to wait for it to get back to life.

Anyone else experiencing issues with Bluetooth connections since "the fix" patch was installed?

Thank you!

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 13, 2016 1:50 PM

25 replies

Jan 12, 2017 2:34 AM in response to Tzeappa

Hi to all, I am struggling with BT on iPhone 6S as well. After iOS 10 update I am not able to use my Plantronics M55 earpiece/Car BT system for receiving calls anymore.

BT earpiece/Car BT system connects without problem, but when someone calls me and I want to pick up call on BT device, phone freezes, call is answered, BT device disconnects/connects and the call is hung up. It happens in 90% of all calls using BT handsfree device. If it happens only on this Plantronics M55 I would suggest it is the problem of this headset, but same thing happens also in my car BT system (Skoda).

What have I done? I went to an Apple service provider, they replaced my whole iPhone 6S for the new one (its in warranty), but problem persists even on new device! So I have tried to completely install new vesion of iOS 10.2. without recovering my iCloud backup, in other words I have set up my iPhone from scratch and problem is still in there.

When I use old iPhone 5S, there is no problem.

There is only one difference regarding the BT between 5S and 6S - 5S uses older 4.0 version of BT instead of 4.2 version on 6S.

Dont know what other things to try 😟

Jan 14, 2017 10:57 AM in response to Tzeappa

I have the exact same issue with 10.2 as well. Bluetooth was fine prior to 10.1 and then now in the last three updates, I've been hoping for a fix, but no luck.

My plantronics PLT-M50 occasionally disconnects on an incoming call and sometimes I can't even pickup a call, it's really annoying. The Bluetooth button on the Control Center used to work great, now it can take 10-15 seconds to actually come on, and sitting and waiting is annoying.

I've gone in and done all the forget device, reset, restored the phone from backup, all that - to no avail.

What's funny about this is that this is what my iPhone 4S was doing right before I dumped it a year ago for this $700 toy. What comes around goes around on Apple, I guess. Maybe it's their way of making me dump this phone, but I've only had it for 13 months. So tired of it, I may dump it at the end of my contract and go Android. Yep - this is really not worth the trouble anymore.

I expect better from Apple.

Jan 18, 2017 3:21 PM in response to Tzeappa

Two problem areas with Bluetooth since upgrading to 10.2.

First when I start my car, it now automatically says my phone is making a call even though it isn’t. I have to hang up each time so I can hear the radio.

Second the connection to my Starkey Halo HAs keep dropping or giving out wrong info on battery life. I have watched the Apple HA program connect, drop, connect, etc over a very short period before finally maintaining contact. A day after I put in a new battery, it gave out a low battery warning. After reconnecting everything, it registered properly. I have never had this type problem in the 2.5 years I have had HAs.

Mar 3, 2017 2:58 AM in response to Tzeappa

I am also facing the same issue, but apple support is unable to fix them. In the world of AI and VR this company is stuck with blutooth connection issues where we cannot even use it for music or making calls.

The worlds most advanced OS is here 😝

PS : Have tried all the switching and restarting resetting network settings but the issue still persists

Dec 16, 2016 2:45 PM in response to Tzeappa

Yep, my bluetooth stopped working after applying the update!

I am astonished to see Apple push such a buggy version to their customers. Where is their QA!!!

Hope to see a fix within the next 24 hours, otherwise this will be my last iPhone, as I am dependent on using my iPhone while driving and that doesn't work anymore as it does not connect to my car hands free!

Dec 17, 2016 1:54 AM in response to Tzeappa

Hi Tzeappa,

I have to correct my yesterdays statements. Although I would have expected Apple to react on the many Bluetooth complaints.

I got my Bluetooth working following theses instructions. --> http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/10/bluetooth-problems-ios-8.html

Actually the first one already helped me, so I did not need to delete/forget my already setup connections.

Just wonder why Apple doesn't release a directions guide when issuing a new release, as I assume dozens of Apple tester evaluating ait prior to publishing it to the community....... and I would bet they encountered such problems .....

There is much room for service improvement here ..... hope Apple hears/reads that! ... or do they expect taht their community always has to consult Dr. Google to get their products working?!

.... so try above instructions they might solve your problem!

Dec 17, 2016 9:51 AM in response to Tzeappa

I'm having problems anytime I use my beats wireless headphones, as well as Bluetooth car stereo issues. In both cases the Bluetooth connection works, but when I try to listen to my audiobooks, I might get one or two words every 3-4 minutes. This is very frustrating. I was looking forward to the new update correcting the problem, but it has actually made the problem 100 times worse. Please fix this apple!!

iOS 10.2 Bluetooth issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.