Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to install Facebook on iPhone 4

I have an iPhone 4.

when i tried to intall Facebook, the App Store said that iOS version should be 8.0 or later but i have tried to update the version of my iPhone it said i am up to date with the version of 7.1.2

Please someone assist me

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

You cannot update the iPhone 4 to iOS8 because iOS 7.1.2 is the highest iOS that phone will run. You need iOS 8 or greater to run the current version of the FB app.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 15, 2016 3:05 PM in response to Mohamed Azeem In response to Mohamed Azeem

Get a computer. Use the same apple id on your computer as you ios device.

There is a "hidden" way of downloading old versions.

#1# Assuming that you previously downloaded the app from the app store. Run app store on your ipad. updates > purchased. When you down load from the purchased section, you will get the version of the app for your device.

#2# How to get a new app you never download, but need a back version. convoluted. Download app on itunes running on a computer or on an idevice that supports the app. Use the same apple id you use on your ipad. Now, go back to the ipad. Follow step #1#.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Dec 14, 2016 4:11 AM in response to Mohamed Azeem In response to Mohamed Azeem

Correct. The Facebook app developer has chosen not to offer backwards compatibility with iOS 7. This has nothing to do with Apple.

Try contacting the app developer to see if they have some other solution other than getting a phone that is capable of running iOS 8 or greater.

Dec 14, 2016 4:11 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 15, 2016 3:05 PM in response to Mohamed Azeem In response to Mohamed Azeem

Get a computer. Use the same apple id on your computer as you ios device.

There is a "hidden" way of downloading old versions.

#1# Assuming that you previously downloaded the app from the app store. Run app store on your ipad. updates > purchased. When you down load from the purchased section, you will get the version of the app for your device.

#2# How to get a new app you never download, but need a back version. convoluted. Download app on itunes running on a computer or on an idevice that supports the app. Use the same apple id you use on your ipad. Now, go back to the ipad. Follow step #1#.

Dec 15, 2016 3:05 PM

Reply Helpful (21)

Jul 4, 2017 9:45 AM in response to downloadt In response to downloadt

Basically, you install itunes on a computer. login with the same apple id you use on your iphone. Download app in itunes. Now, go to your iphone. Goto the list of app you have download. You will see the facetime app. Tap on install or whatever. Will get a message asking if you want the old version. tap yes. Old version will now be installed.

R

Jul 4, 2017 9:45 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Mohamed Azeem

Question: How to install Facebook on iPhone 4