Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get Garageband for my older iPad mini?

I know the answer to this but am asking anyways in case there's a chance...

I have an older iPad mini that does not support ios9. I want to get Garageband for my iPad but Garageband requires ios10.

Is there any way I can get Garageband loaded? I have no problem paying the $.

Posted on Dec 14, 2016 9:29 AM

7 replies

Dec 14, 2016 2:05 PM in response to shaker8888

You should be able to. If you buy the app on your computer's iTunes so that it's in your account's purchase history you should then be able to download an older compatible version via the Purchased tab directly on your iPad : Install an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support

I've just tried it on my iPhone (which is still on iOS 9.3.5) I got the following popup in Purchased :

User uploaded file

You should get the same

Dec 14, 2016 2:01 PM in response to shaker8888

I get the impression, that you want GarageBand for free, correct? All of the Apps that were once called iLife were offered free with new iPad mini. The first time you entered your Apple ID, a dialogue box appeared asking if you wanted to download a list of Apps. What was not explicitly stated, was that those Apps were free if you made the download within the first 30 days after purchase. Once you have the free version, you always have it. Think of it like a coupon. After thirty days, the coupon became expired and the Apps went back to full price. You can get it free with your next purchase of an iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) device.

Can I get Garageband for my older iPad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.