Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID failed on iPhone 6 Plus

I've just transferred everything from my iPhone 6s to an iPhone 6 Plus- everything is working except the Touch ID which was working on the 6 Plus before I transferred to it. Unlock, Apple Pay and iTunes are all slid to off and when I click on add fingerprint it goes straight to 'Failed' I have tried rebooting and looked everywhere online for an answer but no joy - it won't let me actually add any fingerprint. See pic and PLEASE HELP!!

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 15, 2016 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2016 4:17 AM

Hello, try these steps:

1. Go to Settings, click Touch ID & Passcode, enter your passcode. Then turn off iTunes & App Store. Reboot your iPhone or iPad. Go back to Touch ID & Passcode in Settings and turn iTunes & App Store back on. Tap on Add a Fingerprint to add another fingerprint.

2. Remove and re-add fingerprints: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Enter the passcode of your device > Scroll down to find fingerprints. Tap on the fingerprint, which you want to delete and then Tap on Delete.

3. Force Restart your iPhone or iPad: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

4. If a restart does not help try a Restore. First back up your iPhone using iTunes. Then connect your iDevice to computer and launch iTunes to restore your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2016 4:17 AM in response to RandyWonka

Hello, try these steps:

1. Go to Settings, click Touch ID & Passcode, enter your passcode. Then turn off iTunes & App Store. Reboot your iPhone or iPad. Go back to Touch ID & Passcode in Settings and turn iTunes & App Store back on. Tap on Add a Fingerprint to add another fingerprint.

2. Remove and re-add fingerprints: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Enter the passcode of your device > Scroll down to find fingerprints. Tap on the fingerprint, which you want to delete and then Tap on Delete.

3. Force Restart your iPhone or iPad: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

4. If a restart does not help try a Restore. First back up your iPhone using iTunes. Then connect your iDevice to computer and launch iTunes to restore your iPhone.

Touch ID failed on iPhone 6 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.