You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find the Print option on Gmail for iPad

Should be easy. I can find the print option for Gmail on my iPhone. But on the Gmail app for the iPad, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

K

iPad, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Dec 15, 2016 8:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2016 8:26 AM

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8255?hl=en

Print Gmail messages

You can print emails from Gmail.

Print a single message

1. Open Gmail.
  2. Open the email you want to print.
  3. Next to Reply User uploaded file, click the Down arrow User uploaded file.
  4. Click Print.
16 replies

Feb 13, 2017 9:35 PM in response to KKPDX

I Used a workaround and highlighted the text of the email, selected all, and then chose the "share" option, which gave me several options in terms of sending it out. I sent it to myself as a message and then printed the message. This is a crazy amount of work to do a simple print function, google needs to fix this ASAP - how hard can it be to add a simple air print function?

Dec 15, 2016 9:10 AM in response to KKPDX

I copied that from Google's help site which I linked from App Support in the iPad app description in the App Store. I entered "print email on iPad" and those were the instructions that came up. You should probably contact Google or log onto the forum to find the answer.

This is where I found what I posted.

https://support.google.com/mail/topic/2467017?visit_id=0-636174185235954066-5280 65965&p=gmailiosapp&rd=2

Dec 15, 2016 10:16 AM in response to Demo

To be clear, my problem is not printing from the iPad, generally. It is printing from a single app: the app that Google authored for the iPad. That Gmail/iPad app seems to lack a UI control to launch any print functionality.

I'd like to hear from someone who runs the Google Gmail app on their iPad, and has found where the print functionality is hiding.

Thanks,

K

Dec 15, 2016 10:32 AM in response to KKPDX

You are being very clear and so am I. I understand what you are trying to do and that is why I directed you to ask in the Google forum. It was merely a suggestion. It's their app, they should know how to print an email from their own app.

Hopefully somebody will chime in soon that uses the Gmail app that will be able to answer your question.

BTW, from what I saw in those forums, and I admit the questions and answers were from last year, there was no print function in the Gmail app at that time ..... which was sometime around mid year 2015.

Can't find the Print option on Gmail for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.