Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health/steps/Activity data not syncing since 10.2 update

Hello!

I discovered tonight that my steps gathered by my phone and watch are not all syncing in Health and Activity. My watch appears to be showing all of the steps picked up by my watch, so that is functioning fine. And on my phone when I go to Health > Sources > Watch > Steps, it's showing all of my steps from my watch.

But under Health > Today > Steps, it looks like it's only showing my steps picked up by the phone itself, and an app that I have pulling step data from phone/watch is only showing my phone-based steps. When I open Activity, it doesn't show any data for the past two days at all, despite my watch displaying it.

So, something's definitely amiss, and it looks like it started after I updated my phone to 10.2 a couple days ago. I haven't yet updated my watch to 3.1. Has anyone else seen issues like this? Anyone know if the watchOS 3.1 update will clear it up? Any other suggestions? I don't want the watchOS update to make it worse.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 15, 2016 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2016 8:26 AM

Hello mollib,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are able to see your accurate step counts on your Apple Watch. But your iPhone is not displaying the steps from your Apple Watch, but seem to reflect steps recorded by the iPhone. Based on this info, I suggest you follow these steps in the Health app on your iPhone to make sure your Apple Watch is the Data Source for the Steps.

User uploaded file

Prioritize your data sources

You can edit and rearrange your data sources to change the way that Health prioritizes data.

1. Open the Health app and tap Health Data.
  2. Tap a category, like Activity.
  3. Tap a data type, like Steps.
  4. Tap Data Sources & Access and tap Edit.
  5. Touch and hold User uploaded file next to a data source and move it up or down in the list.

The data source that you place at the top will take priority over other sources that contribute that type of data. Any new apps or devices that you add will appear at the top of the list, above your iPhone or iPod touch by default. You can change the order of your data sources anytime.

To turn off a data source so that it doesn't contribute any more data for that category, tap the checkmark next to the data source.

Learn how to manually add data to the Health app.

Manage Health data from multiple sources on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2016 8:26 AM in response to mollib

Hello mollib,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are able to see your accurate step counts on your Apple Watch. But your iPhone is not displaying the steps from your Apple Watch, but seem to reflect steps recorded by the iPhone. Based on this info, I suggest you follow these steps in the Health app on your iPhone to make sure your Apple Watch is the Data Source for the Steps.

User uploaded file

Prioritize your data sources

You can edit and rearrange your data sources to change the way that Health prioritizes data.

1. Open the Health app and tap Health Data.
  2. Tap a category, like Activity.
  3. Tap a data type, like Steps.
  4. Tap Data Sources & Access and tap Edit.
  5. Touch and hold User uploaded file next to a data source and move it up or down in the list.

The data source that you place at the top will take priority over other sources that contribute that type of data. Any new apps or devices that you add will appear at the top of the list, above your iPhone or iPod touch by default. You can change the order of your data sources anytime.

To turn off a data source so that it doesn't contribute any more data for that category, tap the checkmark next to the data source.

Learn how to manually add data to the Health app.

Manage Health data from multiple sources on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

Cheers!

Health/steps/Activity data not syncing since 10.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.