Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro: Projects vs. Events?

OK I find this whole "Project and Event" thing in FCPX makes NO SENSE.... what is the hierarchy here? Do I start with a project and fill it up with Events? Do I start with an Event and fill it with Projects?? And why do I need Events if I have a project? Why not just have a project and put media content in it and start editing? Please explain

OBS MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 16, 2016 1:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2016 2:26 AM

An event is like an album in Photos, say. It is a container for media. It can have video clips, still images, audio, and, yes, projects.

A project is where you do your creation. You create a project and make your edits in your project timeline. Then you "share" (export) your project to a file or to a service like youtube for your audience to see the fruits of your labor and creativity.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2016 2:26 AM in response to schenzy

An event is like an album in Photos, say. It is a container for media. It can have video clips, still images, audio, and, yes, projects.

A project is where you do your creation. You create a project and make your edits in your project timeline. Then you "share" (export) your project to a file or to a service like youtube for your audience to see the fruits of your labor and creativity.

Dec 16, 2016 2:29 AM in response to schenzy

In case you're not trolling but seriously interested into an answer, you're about 5 years late to scrutinise the concept of media-maganement in FCPX, don't you? 😉

for a start, why not reading the manual:

https://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/10.3/?lang=en#/verfdd5c590e

And to give a short answer to your Qs:

No, you start with a Library, you collect/sort/tag/pre-edit your material in Events and you create your movie as a Project, quiet simple.

Final Cut Pro: Projects vs. Events?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.