Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes to iPhone Sync Problems

I have iOS 10.2 (iPhone SE) and just updated iTunes to 12.5.4.42 (windows 8.1) and I'm now unable to sync at least ~112 songs to my iPhone. The sync simply stops during Step 7 of 7 and won't either disconnect the phone or continue syncing regardless of pressing eject, stop sync, etc.. The songs appear as greyed out in the list of music on device (on both iTunes and iPhone) and have a dotted circle icon. I've reset both PC and iPhone and logged out/in of iTunes Store. I tried deleting some of the grey music from the Library and re-adding it but the sync is still stopped. This is the first time I've had this problem. Is it something to do with the new updates or copyright or is it a setting I'm missing?

Posted on Dec 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2016 3:46 PM

Hi there,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, I have had lots of experience with iTunes Services, and I'm sure I can help you resolve this issue!

I have left multiple Apple Support Articles for your convince, this will be sure to help you!

Firstly, Uninstall and reinstall iTunes features, this will rebuild iTunes databases, which might resolve your issue.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Locate and organize your iTunes media files - Apple Support

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

Please tell me how it goes, and if you need additional assistance!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2016 3:46 PM in response to LeninaCrowne

Hi there,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities, I have had lots of experience with iTunes Services, and I'm sure I can help you resolve this issue!

I have left multiple Apple Support Articles for your convince, this will be sure to help you!

Firstly, Uninstall and reinstall iTunes features, this will rebuild iTunes databases, which might resolve your issue.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Locate and organize your iTunes media files - Apple Support

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

Please tell me how it goes, and if you need additional assistance!

iTunes to iPhone Sync Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.