Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ableton crashes in macOS Sierra

Any other Ableton users experiencing frequent crashes in Sierra or on the new 2016 Macbook Pro?

I've been an mac user for 10 years and an Ableton user for 8. Never had problems with either one until I started using Ableton on my shiny new 2016 MacBook Pro 15inch with Touch Bar. Now my Ableton is constantly crashing, like 10, 20 times a day.

Collected about 40 crash reports and sent to Ableton, they replied with the following:

"The crashes you are experiencing are happening in Apple's script. You'll want to check if there are any updates available on their end.

I also recommend starting a case with them, as they have access to that knowledge whereas we are only trained to diagnose crashes occurring in Live's script."

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Posted on Dec 16, 2016 3:35 PM

11 replies

Feb 28, 2017 9:32 AM in response to alwayskickback

I've been having this problem too. Ableton as well as many VSTs in Native Instruments Komplete 11 crash all the time. They don't on my '15 IMac, strangely only on my new MBP 15'.

Are you running it on a new mac book?? That might be the issue... I feel like there are bugs with it as I'm having a lot of problems with programs that don't give me any issue on my IMAC running all the same software. Sketch for example is AWFUL on this computer.

Curious about your hardware.

Ableton crashes in macOS Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.