Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freedom Mobile LTE with iPhone

Hey! 🙂

Has anyone used their unlocked iPhone 6, 6s, 7 with Freedom Mobile's (aka WIND Mobile) new LTE Network? It is currently available in Toronto and Vancouver. The Spectrum that they use is AWS-3 / Band 66 in the Greater Toronto and Vancouver areas so far.

Please post:

A) Your iPhone model

B) Successfully connected to the LTE Network?

C) Your opinions/comment

Thank you,

TopOfTheWorldYall

Posted on Dec 16, 2016 6:30 PM

2 replies

Apr 12, 2017 9:17 PM in response to TopOfTheWorldYall

I have the Iphone 7 and I just called Freedom support about this. They told me their LTE network is not supported on Iphone and that it is only available on certain phones that are listed on their website. When I had first gone to the store to get my plan I was told I would automatically get LTE but now that its available in my area its not the case.

Aug 19, 2017 10:48 PM in response to TopOfTheWorldYall

Iphone 6

No Sucess

I was with wind/Freedom for 3 years. Received a used iPhone 6. Went into the Freedom store to upgrade my plan try to connect to LTE network. The customer services at freedom tried to offer me a more expensive plan for my iPhone 6 even thought LTE won't work INCASE down the road I get the iPhone 8. After that experience I left Freedom and went to Rogers.

The next series of iPhone's that will be compatible with freedoms LTE network will be the iPhone 8.

Freedom Mobile LTE with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.