Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 7 screen broke and went black!

as question states, will I need a new phone or is it a simple screen repair? &I if I have my old iPhone 6s with out a cracked screen (it has battery issues which is why I can't use it) can it be used to replace my iPhone 7 screen, seems about the same size. please help!

User uploaded file

iPhone 7

Posted on Dec 18, 2016 7:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2016 3:45 AM

Hi

I'm afraid that no-one here can advise you whether or not your iPhone only requires a screen repair. It will need to be checked.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your iPhone to be inspected and to establish your available service options, likely timescales and cost:

Repair service price information for iPhone in the US, for example, is available here:

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/pricing

The screen from your iPhone 6s cannot be used to replace the screen on your iPhone 7.

Note also that, if you have the screen repaired by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorised Service Provider, your iPhone may no longer be eligible for any future service from Apple (including chargeable repair).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2016 3:45 AM in response to Sammiepaige

Hi

I'm afraid that no-one here can advise you whether or not your iPhone only requires a screen repair. It will need to be checked.

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your iPhone to be inspected and to establish your available service options, likely timescales and cost:

Repair service price information for iPhone in the US, for example, is available here:

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/service/pricing

The screen from your iPhone 6s cannot be used to replace the screen on your iPhone 7.

Note also that, if you have the screen repaired by anyone other than Apple or an Apple Authorised Service Provider, your iPhone may no longer be eligible for any future service from Apple (including chargeable repair).

My iphone 7 screen broke and went black!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.