Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail signatures not appearing in dropdown

In Mail for Sierra (10.12.1), my signatures and other preferences disappeared after my upgrade. I have reentered my signatures, but they don't show up in the dropdown menu in my compose window - only "None" or "Edit Signature" options. Screenshots below. How do I get the signatures into the dropdown?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

~VIN,MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), macOS Sierra (10.12.1), Mail

Posted on Dec 19, 2016 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2016 9:08 AM

Update - after posting I noticed the update to 10.12.2. Updated the OSX but no change to this issue.

5 replies

Dec 19, 2016 9:35 AM in response to Smeds128

I had some issues with signatures after the upgrade, but I put that down to other issues. To solve my problem of signatures not appearing I took the following actions within Mail>Preferences>Signatures:

1. dragged the signature(s) I wanted to the accounts I wanted
  2. highlighted the account where I wanted the signature to appear, and used the drop down box "Choose Signature" to select the default signature I wanted for that account
  3. performed this task for all other accounts where I wished for a signature to appear

I now see relevant signatures by default when I compose an email.

Dec 19, 2016 11:07 AM in response to Smeds128

Probably best to mark the solution as 'fixed' so others with the same issue can see.

I suspect there have been some changes I can't remember in this area since El Crapitan. Since you run multiple accounts you are about to discover the "helpful" new aberration that means, if you have selected "Use best account" for sending, it will choose the account that corresponds to the domain of the first recipient to send from if the receiving domain matches one of your sending domains.

That's hard even to explain, It messes with your head when it does it!

Mail signatures not appearing in dropdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.