Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL dial up on a Mac Mini

My mom's Mac Mini needs dial-up access. The mobile hotspot in her area works poorly due to geography and buildings. She has AOL. I tried to get an external modem once but it seems that AOL had specific software for this process so I ended up going to the difficult mobile hot spot route.

The people at AOL are in India. They really don't get it and the answers only made things worse. Does anyone here know a better answer?

Mac mini, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 19, 2016 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2016 1:21 PM

Change ISP's.

Call some Internet Service Providers in the area and ask if they can provide Ethernet or Wi-Fi service at her location.

3 replies

Dec 19, 2016 1:25 PM in response to den.thed

This is not helpful. She won't change her email provider. She only wants to view her email via her browser and not some app for AOL. It has worked just fine until the tower in her area had issues. To get more reliable service, I thought about dial-up. The last time I did this, the "unhelp desk" people at AOL said she had to have the app to get mail if she had dialup. I don't trust them. Since I cannot get an English speaker to understand the problem I am looking for anyone who has had this issue.

AOL dial up on a Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.