Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacth/workout GPS not working

Apple Watch series 1. OS 3.1.1

Paired with

iPhone 6s iOS 10.1.1

Here's the problem. When selecting "outdoor walk" the workout app tracks with iPhone gps speed and distance. When selecting "outdoor cycle" it won't track track speed and distance when riding, but if I choose "outdoor" cycling and walk it will track speed and distance. I've turned on/off location services for Apple Watch and motion/calibration and distance. The watch obviously picks up the GPS signal when walking but not when ridding. Or maybe when walking it's using inertia/steps and not the actual GPS. I've also done a reset/restore on the watch with no luck.

Posted on Dec 20, 2016 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2016 1:08 AM

Hi

The following steps may help:

Update your iPhone to the latest software version (currently iOS 10.2):

Close certain apps and restart both your iPhone and your watch:

Unpair and re-pair your watch:

If the issue then persists, I suggest that you contact Apple Support or make a Genius Bar reservation for assistance:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2016 1:08 AM in response to Chipster27

Hi

The following steps may help:

Update your iPhone to the latest software version (currently iOS 10.2):

Close certain apps and restart both your iPhone and your watch:

Unpair and re-pair your watch:

If the issue then persists, I suggest that you contact Apple Support or make a Genius Bar reservation for assistance:

Dec 30, 2016 9:02 AM in response to Jonathan UK

Tried this and it still didn't work. Even created a new watch profile. Yesterday I turned off Motion and went to use the outdoor cycle workout and received the message motion needs to be on. I turned it on and it worked on a test ride. I stopped the work out, geared up and when I went to go for a ride it wasn't working again. Very frustrating as I can't seem to duplicate the problem or resolution. Very sporadic.

Wacth/workout GPS not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.