Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Embed ical calendar on webpage

I'm wanting to embed one of our iCal calendars on our webpage. I have the url but I don't know how to create or embed the html code. Any help is appreciated.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Dec 21, 2016 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2017 5:47 AM

The short answer is: You can't.

The longer answer is: You can do it by importing your public shared Apple Calendar into Google's Gmail, then sharing a public link of the Gmail calendar via an iframe code. The problem is (as I understand it) that the Gmail version of the calendar doesn't update (sync) from your Apple Calendar normally/timely.

The entire thing is a mess. Apple used to allow you to embed an iCal calendar back in the day, but they removed it with the release of iCloud. This is one of those things that Apple decided nobody needed to do, so they "simplified" it for us.

The one upside to this is that Google's Calendar app allows you to customize the size/look of the calendar before you embed it in your HTML.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2017 5:47 AM in response to RPBC

The short answer is: You can't.

The longer answer is: You can do it by importing your public shared Apple Calendar into Google's Gmail, then sharing a public link of the Gmail calendar via an iframe code. The problem is (as I understand it) that the Gmail version of the calendar doesn't update (sync) from your Apple Calendar normally/timely.

The entire thing is a mess. Apple used to allow you to embed an iCal calendar back in the day, but they removed it with the release of iCloud. This is one of those things that Apple decided nobody needed to do, so they "simplified" it for us.

The one upside to this is that Google's Calendar app allows you to customize the size/look of the calendar before you embed it in your HTML.

Embed ical calendar on webpage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.