Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Login History

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if there is a way to get a login history of who used your Apple ID from what device and when? I know that you can check which device is using your ID from appleid.apple.com, I wish it would show that your account is logged or when was the last time it was used.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), Apple ID

Posted on Dec 21, 2016 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2017 6:08 AM

I have this issue as well, and No, I don't share my account with anyone else.

But - with Two-Factor Auth enabled, you get a warning about 'a devices is trying to access your account...' aaaaaaand that does not include the device name!

Now, since there is a huge bug* in Apple's two-factor auth, that pretty much makes it useless, it would be Very Nice to know when & where the attempt was made from 😉

* The bug is: When you try to log in, the Allow/Refuse dialog is shown on the same device that requests access!
It even pushes the login-pin to the same device! It's now been a year since I reported that bug, and no-one from Apple has acted on it yet.

So much for 'protecting your privacy..'

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2017 6:08 AM in response to LACAllen

I have this issue as well, and No, I don't share my account with anyone else.

But - with Two-Factor Auth enabled, you get a warning about 'a devices is trying to access your account...' aaaaaaand that does not include the device name!

Now, since there is a huge bug* in Apple's two-factor auth, that pretty much makes it useless, it would be Very Nice to know when & where the attempt was made from 😉

* The bug is: When you try to log in, the Allow/Refuse dialog is shown on the same device that requests access!
It even pushes the login-pin to the same device! It's now been a year since I reported that bug, and no-one from Apple has acted on it yet.

So much for 'protecting your privacy..'

Dec 30, 2017 5:55 AM in response to Jakob Peterhänsel

I have noticed this same issue...it isn’t pushing the two factor authentication to my trusted phone number but instead is having it show up on my iPad. I keep getting requests to authorize use of my AppleID from really strange places all over the world. It would be nice to see a history of these requests and who those requests are attached to.

Dec 21, 2016 10:58 AM in response to md87va

If you are knowingly sharing an Apple ID and want to know who is using it and when, I doubt that is tracked and viewable. Apple IDs aren't meant to be shared these days.

If you suspect someone is using your Apple ID and want to know where or when, I suggest you change the password to log them out in real time from your Apple ID. You'll hear from the soon enough.

Jan 9, 2018 2:50 PM in response to Jakob Peterhänsel

This is probably what I experienced today. I am completely clueless as to why the device suddenly prompted for the verification.

This pop-up did give an approximate location. Now that I have triggered the 2 factor prompt again, it is showing me exact the same suggested location. So I’m pretty sure it came from my device.

This actually is a two week old new Apple ID with only one device. Perhaps next time I figure out what caused this..

Dec 21, 2016 11:04 AM in response to md87va

Do you have 2 step verification on? I believe you will receive an email anytime a new device signs in using your Apple ID. There won't be a history of who used your device, as anyone signing in with your Apple ID is assumed to be you. As you mentioned you can see who is signed in with your Apple ID at appleid.apple.com. By clicking the device and selecting Remove you can sign that device out of your AppleID. You can view the last time a device was backed up to iCloud using your Apple ID at iCloud.com > Settings. If your sharing Apple IDs you should be using separate Apple IDs and using Family Sharing. Hope this helps.

Apple ID Login History

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.