Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is Apple technical telephone support?

I tried to open a case and it showed error. When I checked for warranty, it says telephone technical support expired but rest of the things are fine. why would telephone support be expiring if the product is under warranty.

I have an iPad Pro, bought in July.

iPad Pro, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 22, 2016 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2016 8:42 AM

When you get apple products they come with a telephone technical support

which means for me anyway, I can call then for help with devices i need help setting up, customising, and troubleshooting

However your warrenty does not give free telephone support

see below

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

you can contact them in regard of a hardware issue if in warrenty, otherwise I believe the charge is 30euro, but this might vary depending on where you are

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2016 8:42 AM in response to dadadadum

When you get apple products they come with a telephone technical support

which means for me anyway, I can call then for help with devices i need help setting up, customising, and troubleshooting

However your warrenty does not give free telephone support

see below

https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

you can contact them in regard of a hardware issue if in warrenty, otherwise I believe the charge is 30euro, but this might vary depending on where you are

Dec 22, 2016 8:46 AM in response to dadadadum

They will talk to you about a hardware warranty issue. The things that are limited to 90 days are shown below from the link I previously posted above.

Complimentary hardware support provides telephone support for basic setup, installation, assembly, and connectivity. See the support-related materials included with your Apple product for more information.

Complimentary software support provides telephone support for installation, launch, or reinstallation (not including data recovery) when your hardware configuration meets the minimum system requirements for the software. See the support-related materials included with your Apple product for more information.

What is Apple technical telephone support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.