Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY IPOD IS SAYING DO NOT DISCONNECT

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 22, 2016 10:46 AM

2 replies

Dec 23, 2016 6:17 PM in response to PHOENIXKERN

Hello PHOENIXKERN,

If you are seeing a "Do not disconnect" message on your iPod, there is some type of communication error between the iPod and your computer. Follow the steps in the resource below to eject it from your Windows PC before disconnecting the USB cable. I've highlighted some key information for you below. Click on the link for complete details.

Eject your iPod from your computer

You need to eject your iPod before you disconnect the USB cable if:
You see a message that says "Do not disconnect."

How to eject your iPod

1. In iTunes, locate and view your iPod.
  2. From the sidebar on the left-hand side of the iTunes window, click the eject User uploaded file icon, or press the Command and E keys on your keyboard.

User uploaded file
  3. Your iPod ejects.

If you can’t eject your iPod in iTunes, try these steps.

Windows 7

1. In the notification area, click the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon.
  2. In the menu that appears, select your iPod.

Get more help

Learn what to do if iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPod.

Take care.

Dec 23, 2016 6:17 PM in response to PHOENIXKERN

Hello PHOENIXKERN,

If you are seeing a "Do not disconnect" message on your iPod, there is some type of communication error between the iPod and your computer. Follow the steps in the resource below to eject it from your Windows PC before disconnecting the USB cable. I've highlighted some key information for you below. Click on the link for complete details.

Eject your iPod from your computer

You need to eject your iPod before you disconnect the USB cable if:
You see a message that says "Do not disconnect."

How to eject your iPod

1. In iTunes, locate and view your iPod.
  2. From the sidebar on the left-hand side of the iTunes window, click the eject User uploaded file icon, or press the Command and E keys on your keyboard.

User uploaded file
  3. Your iPod ejects.

If you can’t eject your iPod in iTunes, try these steps.

Windows 7

1. In the notification area, click the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon.
  2. In the menu that appears, select your iPod.

Get more help

Learn what to do if iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPod.

Take care.

MY IPOD IS SAYING DO NOT DISCONNECT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.