Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 36 - time capsule

I recently update the old version of IOS to MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 since of then I can't access the files into the TC it shows the message attached. If someone could help me on fix it I would gently thank.

.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Dec 22, 2016 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2016 1:19 PM

Hi...

Try the suggestion by Linc Davis >>Time Machine: com.apple.backupd: Error: (-36) SrcErr:NO Copying

5 replies

Dec 23, 2016 1:20 PM in response to sbcrail

Please try the following:

Click anywhere on the open desktop so that the Finder menus are displayed at the top of the screen

Click the Go menu

Click Connect to Server

Enter the following:

smb://Time Capsule IP Address**

Click Connect

Enter the administrator password for the Time Capsule

Click Connect

Now double-click on the sparsebundle file to open it and see if the files are now displayed correctly

** For example, if your Time Capsule IP address was 10.0.1.10, then you would enter smb://10.0.1.10

If you do not know what the IP address of Time Capsule might be, open AirPort Utility and click on the picture of the Time Capsule. Look for the LAN IP address.

error 36 - time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.