Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upload an ebook to iBooks without having a Mac PC?

Hi. Can I upload an ebook to iBooks without owning a Mac?

Posted on Dec 23, 2016 2:05 AM

5 replies

Feb 8, 2017 9:34 PM in response to Nicdoc001

You don't have to go through an aggregator if you have access to a Mac that will run iTunes Producer (macOS 10.10 or newer).

You may also consider looking in to using a virtual mac in the cloud service that has software preloaded, such as iTunes Producer. Then you can just drop your EPUB in something like DropBox or similar service, iCloud, email it to yourself if small enough, sign in to the virtual mac service, launch iTunes Producer, add your EPUB and cover art and submit.

You will of course need an active iBooks account, which you can set up for free, and without needing a Mac to set the account up.

Do a general internet search for "mac in the cloud"

Dec 23, 2016 2:15 AM in response to Nicdoc001

Hi,

Sure 🙂

First of all, open up your email client. You can do this with any app or webmail program. Address an email to yourself, and attach the epub file you want to open on your iPad or iPhone. Send yourself the attachment, and then go grab your iOS device.

Now, open your preferred email program on your iPad or iPhone, and open up the email you just sent yourself. Tap the attachment icon to download it to your device, and you’ll see the icon turn into an iBooks one. Tap and hold on the file and an “Open in iBooks” will pop up. Tap that, and your iPad or iPhone will open iBooks and then open the epub file you just sent.

Can I upload an ebook to iBooks without having a Mac PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.