Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore App deleted from App Store

Okay, so this is a very confusing question.

This is the situation:

I recently changed to an iPhone 7 (iOS 10.2), but there is an old app on my iPhone 5S (iOS 10.1.1) which I would like to have on my iPhone 7. So the App has been pulled of the App Store and is not showing up anymore in my Purchased tab of the App Store. When installing the old backup from my 5S to my 7 during the initial setup, the app was actually being downloaded on my new 7. For some weird reason I "Prioritize Downloaded" it with 3D Touch, after which the app decided to delete itself instead of downloading itself. I have no idea how to get this single app on my new iPhone. Is there some third-party software to do this? I am not wanting to setup a whole new backup for just one app, as I would lose all my other data since the time I got the 7.

Thanks for the help in advance!

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.1.1, null

Posted on Dec 23, 2016 5:44 AM

3 replies

Dec 23, 2016 5:53 AM in response to Casperster18

If the app was deleted from the App Store and you were restoring an iCloud backup, whatever you saw was a glitch and the app was not going to download no matter what you saw. If the app is no longer available, it can not download again from the App Store.

When you restore an iCloud backup, the apps download from your purchases in iTunes, not from the iCloud back up itself.

Dec 23, 2016 6:37 AM in response to Casperster18

Well, that's news to me.

After using an iCloud backup to restore or set up a device:

• Your settings and accounts are restored from the iCloud backup you chose. Your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, photos, and other content. If your device can’t download the version of an app that was backed up, it downloads the latest version.Your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store based on Availability of iTunes redownloads. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store.
  • You may be asked to enter passwords for iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store accounts to restore purchased items.
  • Progress bars appear below Home screen icons for apps being downloaded.To make an app a priority for downloading, tap its icon.

Restore App deleted from App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.