Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If only one AirPod is working

How do I fix this. Both work but only one at a time

Help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 23, 2016 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2018 5:28 PM

I contacted and apple advisor and these are the steps that worked for me. User uploaded file

10 replies

Jan 6, 2018 9:04 AM in response to Pjmazz

Know this is an old post, but wanted to provide solid feedback on a potential solution. My Left AirPod began dropping out and then would not function at all (no sound and sporadic charging). Genius Bar replaced the Left, but this did not fix the problem. Next they replaced the case, which DID fix the problem. Warning to all, however, the reset function when replacing the case is very "sketchy." I tried "forgetting" and re-"pairing" the new case multiple times and my phone would recognize the AirPods, but not provide any sound through them. After about the fourth try, they finally just began working as intended. The Genius Bar folks indicated they, too, had run into this difficulty when activating a new case. I highly recommend AirPods, but there are clearly a few bugs here and there.

If only one AirPod is working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.