Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPhone to iTunes with ver 12.1.3.

Updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 10.2. Have iTunes version 12.1.3 (latest version for Windows XP and Vista). Now IPhone will not sync with ITunes. Need a Patch To Resolve.

iPhone 6s, Windows Vista

Posted on Dec 23, 2016 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2016 2:27 AM

Use iTunes Feedback to let Apple know what you'd like, but they may not be forthcoming. I was somewhat surprised when the first builds of iOS 10 still worked with iTunes 12.1.3.6 to a limited degree (backup and sync only, no upgrade or restore). In the meantime options are to upgrade to Windows 7 or later, or backup to iCloud and take out a subscription to iTunes Match or Apple Music to add new music to the device.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2016 2:27 AM in response to AutoMechanic

Use iTunes Feedback to let Apple know what you'd like, but they may not be forthcoming. I was somewhat surprised when the first builds of iOS 10 still worked with iTunes 12.1.3.6 to a limited degree (backup and sync only, no upgrade or restore). In the meantime options are to upgrade to Windows 7 or later, or backup to iCloud and take out a subscription to iTunes Match or Apple Music to add new music to the device.

tt2

Dec 24, 2016 7:50 AM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2 wrote:

options are to upgrade to Windows 7 or later, or backup to iCloud and take out a subscription to iTunes Match or Apple Music to add new music to the device.

I'm pretty sure that Apple Music requires iTunes 12.2.0 or higher, and of course 12.2.0 (released June 30, 2015) was the first version that did not support Vista or XP.

We thought it was an achievement when Apple modified the main download page to redirect XP and Vista users to iTunes version 12.1.3, if only because it greatly reduced the number of replies requiring download links here at the iTunes for Windows community. Unfortunately that may have produced a false sense of security among those running Vista and XP, since the download page gives them no obvious warning of their unsupported status. Even if they look at the system requirements and notice the "Windows 7 or later" part (which hardly anyone does), they might dismiss it as a typo in light of this:

User uploaded file

Dec 25, 2016 1:49 PM in response to AutoMechanic

Rather looks that way, assuming yours cannot be upgraded. I was thinking about the reasons behind the lock out and I suspect it is connected to the new TV features, even though these aren't yet active here in the UK where I am. If videos are handled differently in iOS 10.2 then that is probably why it is only compatible with the new release of iTunes.

tt2

Sync iPhone to iTunes with ver 12.1.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.