You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Apple Watch and it will not turn on

I have an Apple Watch 38mm and it died. After charging it for several hours it still will not turn on

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 23, 2016 11:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2016 12:56 AM

Hi

Try force restarting your watch: press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for around 10 seconds, until you see the logo.

If that does not help, next try charging your watch for around another 2 hours, making sure that you follow the charging instructions here:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

After that time, if it has not already restarted automatically, remove it from the charger and:

• Try restarting it (by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo).
  • If necessary, next try force restarting it again.

More information:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2016 12:56 AM in response to James100000

Hi

Try force restarting your watch: press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for around 10 seconds, until you see the logo.

If that does not help, next try charging your watch for around another 2 hours, making sure that you follow the charging instructions here:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

After that time, if it has not already restarted automatically, remove it from the charger and:

• Try restarting it (by pressing and holding the side button until you see the Apple logo).
  • If necessary, next try force restarting it again.

More information:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

I have an Apple Watch and it will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.