You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro water damage

Hey,

I left my room for a few minutes to make lunch, and my dog decided that he would pee all over my MacBook Pro. I have all the warranties for the Mac that Apple offers. I don't think they offer replacement for water damage, but is it possible to do the thing for your phone where you pay like a $50 deductible and then give you a new one?

thanks

Mac Pro, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2016 10:32 AM

5 replies

Dec 24, 2016 11:54 AM in response to Sevie B

As Kappy suggested - visit an Apple Store and ask them what your options are. Maybe bring your dog and let it give them that innocent look 😁

But from a legal standpoint, Apple has no obligation to fix this either for free or a flat fee, because AppleCare for the Mac works different from AppleCare+ for the iOS devices. Even though it's much more expensive, AppleCare for Mac is not an insurance plan and does not cover accidental damage.

Dec 24, 2016 2:12 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

And so, understanding this we are to probably assume it now is up to the Dog

to contact his/her homeowner insurance policy to see what is covered under

'water damages - accidental' because sometimes if you are paying for a renter

or home owner insurance (or vehicle policy with rider for personal items inside)

that may be a way to see if having the costs associated with repair are covered.

If the dog is a tiny teacup, the inverted open MacBook Pro can be a doghouse roof.

Roof roof woof...! 😁

MacBook Pro water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.