Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch Apple CarPlay

Why can't we use the iPod touch with carplay? I have a VW and it connect with the media player but it only shows the song playing, can't check the playlist nor browse the tracks. Would love to use the iPod along with my iPhone 7 in my Car, ipod connected playing music connected by cable and use my iPhone with Bluetooth, why is Apple leaving iPod aside?

iPod touch, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2016 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2016 12:58 AM

According to this link: Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support, To use CarPlay, you need an iPhone 5 or later with iOS 7.1 or later.

Unfortunately, your iPod touch doesn't support CarPlay, since it requires iPhone 5 and later. However, you can still play music using your iPod touch.

Your iPhone 7 is supported with CarPlay.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2016 12:58 AM in response to Amadeu.rafael

According to this link: Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support, To use CarPlay, you need an iPhone 5 or later with iOS 7.1 or later.

Unfortunately, your iPod touch doesn't support CarPlay, since it requires iPhone 5 and later. However, you can still play music using your iPod touch.

Your iPhone 7 is supported with CarPlay.

iPod touch Apple CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.