Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I pair Airpods with Bluetooth transmitters like Avantree Priva II or TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Transmitter?

Hi community,

just a short question:

Can I pair Airpods with Bluetooth transmitters like i.e. Avantree Priva II or TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Transmitter? I would like to use the Airpods to watch TV but my TV does not have Bluetooth.

Thank you and merry Christmas.

Julian

Posted on Dec 24, 2016 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2017 1:59 PM

Hi Julian and folks,

I successfully connect AirPods and Taotronics TT-BA01 twice. So let me share how to connect the devices.

1. Reset Bluetooth transmitter :

1) Turn on the transmitter (flush blue LED)

2) Push power switch twice

3) Turn off the device

4) Repeat 1) to 3) several times if this procedure does not work.

2. Paring AirPods and Taotronics :

1) Turn on the transmitter and push power switch until the device starts blinking LED in blue and red alternately.

2) Make AirPods paring mode

3) When Transmitter's LED gets stable red and AirPods case's white LED turns off, you get the paring.

Note : I get the paring in terms of :

1) AirPods are disconnected from iPhone7 and Apple Watch in advance.

2) Turn off other Bluetooth devices (Android device, other Bluetooth ear phone etc.)

Now I'm enjoying TV programs / Am*z*n Prime (Fire stick) / Internet & iTunes on Macbook Pro early 2012.

Cross fingers!!

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 8, 2017 1:59 PM in response to Bleeboy

Hi Julian and folks,

I successfully connect AirPods and Taotronics TT-BA01 twice. So let me share how to connect the devices.

1. Reset Bluetooth transmitter :

1) Turn on the transmitter (flush blue LED)

2) Push power switch twice

3) Turn off the device

4) Repeat 1) to 3) several times if this procedure does not work.

2. Paring AirPods and Taotronics :

1) Turn on the transmitter and push power switch until the device starts blinking LED in blue and red alternately.

2) Make AirPods paring mode

3) When Transmitter's LED gets stable red and AirPods case's white LED turns off, you get the paring.

Note : I get the paring in terms of :

1) AirPods are disconnected from iPhone7 and Apple Watch in advance.

2) Turn off other Bluetooth devices (Android device, other Bluetooth ear phone etc.)

Now I'm enjoying TV programs / Am*z*n Prime (Fire stick) / Internet & iTunes on Macbook Pro early 2012.

Cross fingers!!

Jan 29, 2017 4:52 PM in response to Bleeboy

I, too, have the same question.

Can I pair the Airpods with Digitech 2085 bluetooth transmitter? I would like to listen to radio using the Airpods but my mini pocket radio has no bluetooth. I intend to connect the Digitech 2085 Transmitter to my mini pocket radio to transmit radio contents to my Airpods.

Mar 8, 2017 1:58 PM in response to Bleeboy

Woohoo!! I can confirm I am able to pair the AirPods with TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.1 Transmitter / Receiver. Beware there is multiple version of it and one is only receiver (which is bluetooth 2). Together with an airline audio jack converter I can actually use it on the plane with the inflight entertainment! Here is the link to the one I am using.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EHSX28M/ref=as_li_ss_tl?psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=&lin kId=fec1b91fefdd9421fc1e0ad2cb088bbb

Mar 7, 2017 11:57 PM in response to markdo

Hi markdo,

I understand your situation. Even for me, it still looks occasional phenomena (occurred just twice and 2nd one is kept). Thus I think it is important to reset both AirPods and Taotronics thoroughly.

1. Reset Taotronics : follow through procedures in user's guide (below is for model TT-BA01)

1) Turn on the transmitter (blue LED flushes then turn off)

2) Push power switch twice (no LED lit)

3) Turn off the device (red LED flushes then turn off)

2. Reset AirPods :

1) Disconnect AirPods from all your devices.

2) Confirm AirPods is in the condition below

i) Without power supply, the case's LED should be in green / orange color (Pods are inside).

ii) When AirPod(s) is out from the case, the pod should make turn on sound (same as on iPhone pairing).

iii) If the pod does not make turn on sound and / or case's LED is in stable white color, your AirPods are not reset yet.

3. Paring AirPods and Taotronics :

1) Turn on the transmitter and push power switch until the device's LED starts blinking in blue and red alternately.

2) Set AirPods paring mode (push the button on back side of the case until white LED starts blinking).

4) When you success the pairing, you hear turn on sound then get TV sound follows.

4. Repeat procedure 1 and 2 until you get the paring :

1) Reset Taotronics several times.

2) Confirm AirPods is reset.

Probably, the paring has some kind of hardship / trouble. So I keep 2nd paring on. It is very sad we have trouble to switch AirPods' pairing from one device to another as we wish...

Good luck.

Can I pair Airpods with Bluetooth transmitters like Avantree Priva II or TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Transmitter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.