Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't export xml file from Final Cut Pro 7

hello all and happy holidays! I'm having a problem exporting an XML file from my Final Cut Pro 7.

I am trying to create an XML file that I can import into Final Cut Pro X - I'm running OS X Yosemite on an early 2008 mac pro which I've restored back to OS yosemite from a time machine backup to be able to open Final Cut 7 and access the project file. I'm using Final Cut Pro version 7.0.3 The project is open, the associated media files are connected and the project seems to be working fine but when I click in the browser window and choose file, export, XML - the XML generator runs until it gets through writing 66% of the XML, then crashes and gives me this error message:

User uploaded file

please - does anybody know how I can fix this? is there a way to rebuild the project file? I really need to resolve this so any help at all is greatly appreciated!! thanks in advance.

Frustrated FCP user

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Final Cut Studio (2009), iOS 10.1.1, Operating System is 10.10.4

Posted on Dec 25, 2016 9:51 AM

1 reply

can't export xml file from Final Cut Pro 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.