Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 plus front camera not working!

Has anyone else experienced difficulties with their front camera??? Mine goes completely greenish/blackish and I can't see anything! Rear camera works fine. I just purchased my iPhone 7 plus October 31st, and this started on December 5. I haven't dropped my phone!

User uploaded file

Posted on Dec 25, 2016 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2016 9:01 AM

Hello Misslynsey20,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are having issues with only the front-facing camera on your iPhone, as the rear camera works as expected. If you haven't already, please walk through these troubleshooting steps for camera issues.

1. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  2. Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
  3. Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
  4. If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file. If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2016 9:01 AM in response to Misslynsey20

Hello Misslynsey20,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are having issues with only the front-facing camera on your iPhone, as the rear camera works as expected. If you haven't already, please walk through these troubleshooting steps for camera issues.

1. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
  2. Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again.
  3. Restart your device, then open the Camera app again.
  4. If your device has a front and rear camera, try both cameras by tapping User uploaded file. If you see the closed lens or black screen on only one camera, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Dec 27, 2016 4:07 PM in response to Misslynsey20

Same problem here! 😢

I have referred this issue to Apple Support Center(Seremban, Malaysia). After several testing by their technician, it's confirmed that my phone having a hardware problem. My phone will be replaced by Apple due to a ‘hardware fault’. But i HAVE to wait within a week to get the replacement.... 😢😟

btw, u just google the related problem and it's all over the internet. You may refer to this one:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulmonckton/2016/12/26/iphone-7-plus-suffering-seri ous-hardware-problem/#4419248660f3

iPhone 7 plus front camera not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.