Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Won't Connect to MacBook

So, I'm running an Early 2015 MacBook with OS Sierra. I recently got a pair of AirPods, which I LOVE. They connect fine to my phone through Bluetooth, but when I connect them to my MacBook, they won't play any audio content. They'll connect through Bluetooth and show up as connected, but whenever I try to play any audio, whether through iTunes or otherwise, they'll drop out and disconnect. Apple Support couldn't find an answer and no one else I've talked to has this issue. Help?

MacBook, iOS 10.2, AirPods

Posted on Dec 25, 2016 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2017 7:00 PM

I am using a MBP early 2015 on Sierra. I can select my AirPods via the Bluetooth icon in the Menu Bar, and then I have to select the AirPods as the output device via the 'Sound' icon but the moment that I want to play something (iTunes, Youtube etc..) the AirPods drops out and it defaults back to the internal speakers built into the Mac.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2017 7:00 PM in response to sberman

I am using a MBP early 2015 on Sierra. I can select my AirPods via the Bluetooth icon in the Menu Bar, and then I have to select the AirPods as the output device via the 'Sound' icon but the moment that I want to play something (iTunes, Youtube etc..) the AirPods drops out and it defaults back to the internal speakers built into the Mac.

AirPods Won't Connect to MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.