Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firefox icon disappears from Dock

I am running Sierra 10.12.2. I installed Firefox 50.1.0 and it runs fine the problem is I launch Firefox from the Launch Manage or directly from the Application folder. I the launch the App then display my Dock select and right click on the Firefox icon and specify Keep In Dock. When I restart Sierra the Firefox icon is missing and a "?" is in its place. I have read other discussions saying to drag and drop the Firefox from the Applications folder to the Dock, that will work but when launched another Firefox appears in the Dock with a "." under it showing that is running. I believe that this is a problem since I have other Apps (ex. Photoshop, Lightroom, etc...) that do not have any problems staying in Dock.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.2), 16GB Memory

Posted on Dec 25, 2016 4:57 PM

1 reply

Firefox icon disappears from Dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.