Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I add the verification code on the Apple TV?

I have an early version of the Apple TV and every time I try to sign into iTunes it asks for a verification code. Once I receive a code on my iPhone there is no place to enter the code when I enter my password. Please help.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2

Posted on Dec 26, 2016 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2016 4:47 AM

Hi. Try getting a code first using Settings on your trusted device, as described here Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support. Then login on Apple TV, adding the code to the end of the password, no space or punctuation. Just for reference, please identify your Apple TV version, see Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2016 4:47 AM in response to Geecrgg

Hi. Try getting a code first using Settings on your trusted device, as described here Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support. Then login on Apple TV, adding the code to the end of the password, no space or punctuation. Just for reference, please identify your Apple TV version, see Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support.

May 7, 2017 10:24 AM in response to Diana.McCall

There's an update to this. Please see this link: Re: appleTV keeps asking for appleID, password and authentication code circularly. The trick is to enter Apple ID and password, but keep them on the screen. Then, use Settings on your trusted device to get a code, and quickly add the code to the password, not space or punctuation. This lets you beat the timeout on the code, which is only about 30 seconds.

Jul 29, 2017 3:44 AM in response to ldilla3456

Hi ldilla3456. Are you asking about the passcode for AirPlay or the code for logging in using 2-factor authentication?

For AirPlay, the passcode should be displayed on the TV screen. You enter it in the popup on your iPad or iPhone.

If that does not help, please describe your problem in more detail. What device/app are you trying to AirPlay from? Is this your home Apple TV or one in a conference room? What model Apple TV? What software version?

Where do I add the verification code on the Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.