Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint: How to stop Security Warning message on every print

I am on IOS 10.2 for my iPhone 5s and have been doing AirPrint (via Safari/Photo/etc.) successfully to my Brother HL-1110 printer (shared on a Window 7 PC) using AirPrint Installer 1.3

I recently made some edit to my printer properties - location information; and I started getting the following annoying security warning message on every print.

User uploaded file

I want to know how to stop getting this security warning message.

I tried replicating this on another iPhone 5s but with IOS 8.4, this security warning message does appears.

Appreciate if anyone has encountering this issue and have resolve this to post the solution. Thanks in advance

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.2, null

Posted on Dec 26, 2016 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2017 7:45 AM

I am having the very same problem with my iPad. It is generating the very same "security warning". However, it only started happening once I upgraded to ios 10.2. My other iPad that is still running ios 9.3.5 and is printing just fine.

I would very much appreciate a solution. I am very dependent upon airprint and need to regain this functionality.

Alternatively, is there a way that I can revert to version 9.3.5 on my iPad?

Thanks for the support!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2017 7:45 AM in response to HaPPy-PuPPy

I am having the very same problem with my iPad. It is generating the very same "security warning". However, it only started happening once I upgraded to ios 10.2. My other iPad that is still running ios 9.3.5 and is printing just fine.

I would very much appreciate a solution. I am very dependent upon airprint and need to regain this functionality.

Alternatively, is there a way that I can revert to version 9.3.5 on my iPad?

Thanks for the support!

Apr 4, 2017 6:12 PM in response to PValcke

I too would like a solution to this annoying message. A simple, third option to the Continue | Cancel choices of "Trust This Printer" which would substitute whatever identifying information for this printer for the "previously used printer" with the equivalent info for this one would do.

That said, no need to take extreme measures and revert. Simply choose Continue and the print should proceed. Not sure, but it seems that I have had repetitive warnings if iTunes was not running on the computer supporting AirPrint.

AirPrint: How to stop Security Warning message on every print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.