Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will Apple add Starz to Apple TV 3

When will Apple add Starz to its list of streaming sitems on AppleTV 3? I don't want to have to use another device all the time.

Apple TV

Posted on Dec 26, 2016 11:32 PM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2016 4:33 PM in response to Patricia1960

The old Apple TV's running the original iOS forked software won't likely be getting in updates any time soon (granted this is only speculation). Apple's new tvOS featured in the Apple TV 4 is the future of the line. The software in it allows for dev's to push out their own apps onto the store just as they would on the iOS (iPhone/iPad) App Store.

The new tvOS App Store already has a Starz app on it. If air playing from a separate device is to annoying I would strongly recommend getting an Apple TV 4. It much more future proof and worth the upgrade because the operating system allows for growth in the future (more apps, more features, software update, etc.). They were going for $100 over Black Friday but because that was so recent I would honestly purchase one from B&H ($146, no Tax, free Shipping), or from the Apple Refurbished ($129 + Tax, free Shipping). Both are good options and come about about the same price.

When will Apple add Starz to Apple TV 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.