Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

approve another computer

my home computer tells me to go to another device that sign in to approve my home computer

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 27, 2016 3:15 PM

1 reply

Dec 28, 2016 1:56 PM in response to badsteve

Hello badsteve,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with getting your device signed in. The alert you are seeing leads me to believe that you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Apple ID account. This help article will explain this security: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID . It sounds like you are attempting to sign in on a device that is new, or not set up as a trusted device yet. The article provided has this example:

With two-factor authentication, your account can only be accessed on devices you trust, like your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. When you want to sign in to a new device for the first time, you'll need to provide two pieces of information—your password and the six-digit verification code that's automatically displayed on your trusted devices. By entering the code, you're verifying that you trust the new device. For example, if you have an iPhone and are signing into your account for the first time on a newly purchased Mac, you'll be prompted to enter your password and the verification code that's automatically displayed on your iPhone.

Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

approve another computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.