Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had game pigeon installed and then I installed play games with friends and now I can't get game pigeon to show back up in iMessage and every time I click on a GamePigeon request from someone it takes me to the App Store to download it but it says i

I had game pigeon installed and then I tried to download games with friends and after that I couldn't get game pigeon to show back up and iMessage and every time I get a GamePigeon request from anyone it takes me to the App Store to download it but it says installed

Posted on Dec 27, 2016 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2016 3:05 PM

Hi ethanbenn13,

I understand that you are receiving invites for games through GamePigeon, but when you respond to it it asks to install the app, even though the App Store shows it's already installed. I know it's nice to have your iMessage apps working well, so I'm happy to help.

Check out the information in this article to be sure that you haven't turned this app off:

Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Manually add or remove apps that you download

If you turn on Automatically Add Apps in the Manage tab, your iMessage apps automatically go to your app drawer when you download them. If you turn off Automatically Add Apps, you can manually add apps to your app drawer. You can also manually remove them. Here’s how:

1. Open the app drawer and tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap the Manage tab.
  3. Turn on the app to add it to your app drawer. Turn it off to remove it.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2016 3:05 PM in response to ethanbenn13

Hi ethanbenn13,

I understand that you are receiving invites for games through GamePigeon, but when you respond to it it asks to install the app, even though the App Store shows it's already installed. I know it's nice to have your iMessage apps working well, so I'm happy to help.

Check out the information in this article to be sure that you haven't turned this app off:

Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Manually add or remove apps that you download

If you turn on Automatically Add Apps in the Manage tab, your iMessage apps automatically go to your app drawer when you download them. If you turn off Automatically Add Apps, you can manually add apps to your app drawer. You can also manually remove them. Here’s how:

1. Open the app drawer and tap User uploaded file.
  2. Tap the Manage tab.
  3. Turn on the app to add it to your app drawer. Turn it off to remove it.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

I had game pigeon installed and then I installed play games with friends and now I can't get game pigeon to show back up in iMessage and every time I click on a GamePigeon request from someone it takes me to the App Store to download it but it says i

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.