Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity app is not working on my iPhone or Apple watch 2

Hello,

The activity app is not updating on my watch or phone.

I have tried all of the steps I've read online so far, checking setting and turning both on and off.

The health app tracks my movement yet it doesn't match the activity app.

I even set a work out using the workout app and it didn't make a difference on the activity app.

help!

iPhone 6, Apple Watch 2

Posted on Dec 28, 2016 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2017 8:45 PM

Hi, I've literally tried every thing this thread has recommended. Including unpairing and repairing my watch. And my activity data on my watch is not syncing with my phone. Please help.

4 replies

Dec 28, 2016 3:45 AM in response to SJTxo

Hi

The following steps may help:

Check that you have set up the Activity app on your watch:

• When viewing the time on your watch face, tap on the Activity rings icon / complication, or;
  • Go the Home screen (via a single press of the Digital Crown) and tap on the Activity app icon (coloured rings).
  • To get started, you will need to enter some personal information.

Check that Wrist Detection is turned on and that, if passcode is enabled, you are unlocking your watch after placing it on your wrist

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wrist Detection - turn on.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - turn on Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate.

Check that you are wearing your watch sufficiently snugly on the top of your wrist (if it is worn too loosely, your watch may believe that it has been removed from your wrist).

Check that your personal information is accurate:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Health > Edit - tap and adjust items, then tap on Done.

Calibrating your watch improves the accuracy of various activity-related estimations. Instructions for how to calibrate your watch are available via the support article linked below.

More information:

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Use the Workout app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apr 17, 2017 3:04 AM in response to Rebeccas262

Given the steps that you have already tried, you may wish follow the steps below, which have resolved the same issue for other users under previous software versions.

Important: note that it involves the permanent loss of all sensitive data on your iPhone and watch, including historic Health and Activity data, HomeKit data and saved passwords.

Start by making an unencrypted backup of your iPhone:

Restore your iPhone as new (ie to factory settings) using iTunes:

After the Restore completes, during setup, restore your iPhone from the unencrypted backup:

Pair your watch, setting it up as a new watch (do not restore it from backup):

Dec 28, 2016 3:46 AM in response to SJTxo

Otherwise, the following steps may help (check after each):

Restart both your iPhone and your watch:

Try this sequence of steps:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - turn Fitness Tracking off.
  • Restart both devices by turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first.
  • Return to the Fitness Tracking setting and re-enable it.

Unpair and re-pair your watch.

Activity app is not working on my iPhone or Apple watch 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.