Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log into apple tv

Can't log into apple tv- I've added code after password but no go. I am logged into iTunes now on my computer so it is not a user id or password issue. it has been like this for a few months. Any suggestions?

Apple TV (2nd generation)

Posted on Dec 28, 2016 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2016 6:47 PM

Hello janmariec,
Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help logging in to your Apple TV. It sounds like you are using two-factor authentication, but the code you are entering is not working to allow access. To get you signed in, I recommend that you go to your trusted Mac or iOS device, and disable two-factor authentication. Use this article for help: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID under the section titled "Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?".
Once it is disabled, you might need to restart your Apple TV, but then you can log in. You can re-enable two-factor authentication after your Apple TV is logged in if you desire. Use the same article provided above, section titled "Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID".
Thanks again for checking out the Apple Support Communities. Have a great rest of your day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2016 6:47 PM in response to janmariec

Hello janmariec,
Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help logging in to your Apple TV. It sounds like you are using two-factor authentication, but the code you are entering is not working to allow access. To get you signed in, I recommend that you go to your trusted Mac or iOS device, and disable two-factor authentication. Use this article for help: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID under the section titled "Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?".
Once it is disabled, you might need to restart your Apple TV, but then you can log in. You can re-enable two-factor authentication after your Apple TV is logged in if you desire. Use the same article provided above, section titled "Turn on two-factor authentication for your Apple ID".
Thanks again for checking out the Apple Support Communities. Have a great rest of your day.

Can't log into apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.